Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:51:14 -0500
From:      "Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd@kiwi-computer.com>
To:        ANdrei <lists@hausro.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: building an old-hardware server

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 01:03:15PM +0300, ANdrei wrote:

> >1 gig hard disks are a waste of time, space and money.
>
> How about 2gig ones? ;)
> I actually don't pay anything for these, but would have to pay for other
> ones... only have those and two 4GB IDEs, but I thought SCSI to be faster
> and less CPU killing... We have enough space here, just no money for this
> server :)

I assumed by money he meant the cost of electricity (and your time to
replace them when they go bad), since it's difficult to buy that size
nowadays.  The cost of two drives is about twice the cost of one drive, no
matter the logical size.  To me, anything under 160g is a "waste", so I
guess it's subjective!  =)

-- Rick C. Petty