Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 05:18:26 -0600 (MDT)
From:      RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD serious problem with Athlon MP

Hello,
I have a Athlon MP dual CPU 1800+

When the kernel boots from kernel release version (4.6.2)
everything works fine.
I Recompiled the kernel to add support for the dual CPU.
What happens it that everything hangs at boot time at position:

Booting [Kernel]

and it stops here complitely blocked. Now seems like hte CPU#1 has not
been launched yet so I do not know what kind of problem could be
this... maybe a problem in the communication between the 2 CPUs?
the motherboard is ASUS A7M266-D

Anyone had problems with dual Athlon MP cpus??

anyone may have some hints to give me ? the problem is that this one is my
mail server production system...
thanks a lot

Rick