Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:51:45 +1000
From:      Stanley.Hopcroft@ipaustralia.gov.au
To:        eagle <eagle@eagle.phc.igs.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTP and NATD. How it works?

Dear Sir,

I am writing to say that in my view man natd does not explain how the FTP server
manages to identify the aliased host when it opens the data channel (in the
usual non passive mode).

To me the question is how does natd process a connection request to the aliased
hosts since the tcp connection request has the alias address and no other
information.

That said, I don't see how any incoming tcp connection could be processed so
there is at least onee dummy - me - that will gratefully hear your anwser.

Yours sincerely.