Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2013 13:33:37 -0500
From:      Brad Keifenheim <Brad_Keifenheim@Dell.com>
To:        kron <kron24@gmail.com>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: usr/ports/java/eclipse-cdt

Hi Oli,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried the eclipse-devel port as you sugg=
ested and, unfortunately, still do not have a functional setup.

Here are the configurations I've looked at:

/usr/ports/java/eclipse-cdt
-----------------------------------
As mentioned previously, the configuration is invalid (Eclipse Indigo and C=
DT for Galileo). I'm unable to create a project from existing C++ source.

/usr/ports/java/eclipse + CDT install via help menu
This is Eclipse Indigo and CDT for Indigo. I am unable to attach to a runni=
ng process for debug, which is a must-have for my team.

/usr/ports/java/eclipse-devel + CDT install via help menu
This is Eclipse Juno and CDT for Juno. Once again, I'm unable to attach to =
a running process for debug.

The terminal I start eclipse from shows the following messages after I atte=
mpt to attach the debugger:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no spawner in java.library.path
        at org.eclipse.cdt.utils.spawner.ProcessFactory.<init>(ProcessFacto=
ry.java:39)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.utils.spawner.ProcessFactory.getFactory(ProcessF=
actory.java:51)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.LaunchUtils.getGDBVersion(Laun=
chUtils.java:296)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.getGDBVersio=
n(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:299)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.launchDebugS=
ession(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:151)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.launchDebugg=
er(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:106)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.launch(GdbLa=
unchDelegate.java:94)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(Launc=
hConfiguration.java:855)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(Launc=
hConfiguration.java:704)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(Debug=
UIPlugin.java:1047)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.=
java:1251)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

When inspecting the eclipse-cdt port I encounter several patch files that m=
odify the CDT plugin. I suspect that similar patches are required for the n=
ewer editions of the plugin. I have limited experience with FreeBSD, and am=
 looking for any assistance in getting the CDT plugin up and running with E=
clipse.

Cheers,

Brad