Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 22:43:05 +0200
From:      Bart van Leeuwen <bart@ixori.demon.nl>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP discussion moving to freebsd-smp

hmm.. I'm just an observer (and tracker of the smp stuff in -current
from a quite early time)

The whole discussion about -current makes me think.

Its funny to see how the actual result of the work in -current usually
is more stable and usable then many commercial products, even if thats
not the purpose of -current

For the rest, if the kind of instability discussed here is not allowed
you are simply not able to implement certain big changes.

Oh well... after a couple of years I'm still a bit amazed by a
development source that is usually stable enough to actually use it as a
development and even as a working platform (well.. if you have some
experience in recovering systems for the cases -current breaks which
does happen... but hey... thats just a usefull experience which doesn't
have to cost a lot of time once you figure a nice way to do it)

--
Bart van Leeuwen