Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 23:09:25 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>
To:        John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
Cc:        Mike W4LNA <w4lna@knology.net>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, mckay@thehub.com.au
Subject:   Re: hoontech dsp24 value Re: Fortissimo II vs Santa Cruz for FreeBSD

On Thursday, 24th January 2002, John Utz wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Mike W4LNA wrote:
>> On second look, it might be worth getting the DSP24 Mk II as it has
>> balanced inputs and outputs and the digital I/O bracket is included
>> for a bit over 25 percent more money. It also has the connection to
>> make it a 10-track recorder with outboard box.
>
>i didnt see a DSP24 Mk II. could you post the link?

Try: http://www.staudio.com/products/dsp24mkii/index.html

STAudio is another brand name Hoontech uses.

>...mmmm...balanced inputs...tasty....outboard 10-holer
>pokey-box....delicious.

None of this really works for me. :-)  I find the DSP24V much more
appealing.  All the connectors are straight on the card or the expansion
bracket.  I don't have to install a rack or one of those big external
breakout boxes.

I'll be getting one the first chance I can, especially with Katsurajima
Naoto having a nearly finished FreeBSD driver.

See: http://www.katsurajima.seya.yokohama.jp/envy24

Stephen.

PS: I found a vendor of the VideoLogic SonicFury (rebadged Santa Cruz)
in Australia.  At over twice the price of the Fortissimo II, it won't
be finding a home in my PC, even though it is a little bit nicer.

Another PS:  Should I be worried if I don't know what "balanced inputs
and outputs" are?