Date:      Fri, 28 May 2004 15:10:51 +0200
From:      Markus Brueffer <markus@brueffer.de>
To:        kde-freebsd@freebsd.kde.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] x11/kde3: No kwifimanager or kwireless?

--Boundary-02=_gpztAVF3cAuOYFb

On Friday 28 May 2004 03:36, Aeefyu wrote:
> Will Andrews wrote:
> > On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 11:26:38AM +0200, Markus Brueffer wrote:
> >>As Michael and Adriaan already pointed out, the wifi-stuff is Linux-only
> >> at the moment.
> >>
> >>I'll get my hands on a x86-based Notebook in the next couple of days
> >>(unfortunately I can't run FreeBSD and KDE on my Powerbook, yet), so
> >> expect some movement regarding the KDE wifi tools, say in the next one
> >> or two months.
> >
> > I wish you luck with that.  I tried to port the tools a while
> > ago, but it was pretty difficult and I gave up when I got nowhere.
>
> Of course, if someone can port it over to FreeBSD, I would think it
> would be swell! However, I dont think its a must-have, merely a
> nice-to-have, especially if FreeBSD "wireless" were to reach critical mas=
s!

In my opinion everything of the base KDE-stuff that is not Linux-specific i=
n a=20
way, that the application itself is only useful for Linux users (e.g. a=20
runlevel-editor), is a must-have on FreeBSD.=20

Markus

=2D-=20
Markus Brueffer    | GPG-Key: http://people.FreeBSD.org/~markus/markus.asc
markus@brueffer.de | FP: 3F9B EBE8 F290 E5CC 1447 8760 D48D 1072 78F8 A8D4