Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 95 16:31:00 EST
From:      Ruiyuan_Jiang/Advantage_KBS_at_LotusXchg@njcorp.akbs.com
To:        torstenb@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Configuration files needs to be changed after compiling

  Hi,

  Right now I am trying to configure my newly installed INN news. Since the
  INN News ports did not locate all the files to the default location
  (/usr/local/news directory), I need to manually change all the
  configuration files to tell INN news where to look for the files. For
  example, I opened "nntpsend" file and found that inside of it says
  "/usr/local/news/lib/innshellvars". Actually, "innshellvars" file is
  located in /root/inntemp/work/site directory (where I compiled INN news).
  I used vi to change the location to
  "/root/inntemp/work/site/innshellvars" inside of "nntpsend". I opened
  "innshellvars" and found that I need to change a lot of place to reflect
  the actual files location. Some files I can't find that mention inside of
  "innshellvars" such as "nntpin" of the line
  "NNTPCONNECT=/usr/local/news/innd/nntpin". Some other files I don't know
  whether the system will generate them when INN news starts later such as
  "history", "innwatch.status", "innwatch.pid", "newsgroups", "innd.pid",
  "CONTROLPROGS=/usr/local/news/bin/control",
  "DAILY=/usr/loca/news/locks/LOCK.news.daily",
  "LOCKS=/usr/local/news/locks" and
  "NEWSCONTROL=/usr/local/news/innd/control" and their actual location.
  Also I don't know how many configuration files do I need to change
  because the file actual location at least I found "innwatch,
  innwatch.ctl" files needs change. Thanks in advance.

  Ruiyuan Jiang
  System Administrator
  Advantage kbs
  rjiang@akbs.com