Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:44:33 PDT
From:      "Jason La" <jasonla_@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports Problems

I am having trouble with the ports collection included in the FBSD 4.0
RELEASE packet. I try to install stuff with 'make install' for whatever I
need, but I only great error messages.

It tries to look for the ports from ftp sites, but I don't have an internet
connection. I am sure that I have the right CD in because I looked on the CD
for my package and found it. Help?

Plus, anyone know why some ports are not in the CD's, but they are included
in the ports collection anyway?

Thanks,
Jason La
jasonla_@hotmail.com