Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:14:01 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-geom@FreeBSD.ORG, rick-freebsd@kiwi-computer.com
Subject:   Re: geom - help ...

Rick C. Petty wrote:
 > Is everybody forgetting about gvinum?

I _try_ to forget it.  :-)

Seriously, we've been running vinum with FreeBSD 4.x for
six years.  When upgrading to 6.x (skipping 5.x entirely),
we changed to gmirror, and my impression is that it is
much better and easier to manage.  I really like it.  Once
you're familiar with the GEOM concepts, vinum seems to be
an unnecessarily complex and inflexible beast.

That's just my personal opinion, of course, YMMV.

Best regards
   Oliver