Date:      Thu, 07 Aug 1997 10:29:13 +0200
From:      Jos Backus <jos@oce.nl>
To:        bob@compar.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Progress 4GL ??

    Hi Bob,

In message <33E8E40F.E3DFB50B@compar.com> you wrote:
>We have recently used freebsd to setup a Internet Gateway. We are
>planning to use this machine as a Internet Server. We use the Progress
>4GL database as a development tool. Will Progress run on freebsd? And
>does anybody know if the new Progress Internet transaction software,
>Webspeed, will operate on freebsd?

I don't know about Webspeed and I doubt whether version 8.x will run (it's
meant to run on SCO version 5, and SCO added some additional APIs (thanks,
guys) after 3.2v4.2), but just a few days ago I tried running version 7.3C13
for SCO on 2.2-stable after copying the SCO 3.2v4.2 /shlib files into
/compat/ibcs2/shlib, and it Just Worked, both single-user and the
broker/self-service-client setup.
Make sure you enable iBCS/2 and SysV IPC support in the kernel and it should
work.

And do keep us posted :-)

Groetjes,
Jos
--
Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/                        CIM-ISGA/IS
                          _/  _/   _/              Oce-Technologies B.V.