Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 14:15:56 +0300
From:      Anand Buddhdev <arb@africaonline.co.ke>
To:        chan <chanfs@phreaker.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setting disk quota automatically by scripts?

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 06:52:51PM +0800, chan wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using FreeBSD 3.1. I'm setting up a test server for my friends to
> learn perl, unix, php etc. Users can create their own accounts through a
> web interface, however i can't find a method to set a quota limit for
> each new user ?

You can use the edquota command to duplicate the quota for an existing user
into the quota of a new user. You can put the edquota command into the
/usr/sbin/adduser perl script for adding users, or you can create your own
adduser script which calls the real adduser and then sets the quota.

--
System Administrator
See complete headers for address, homepage and phone numbers