Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2012 23:01:40 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        mike@bayphoto.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Steam, linux version

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 10:46:43 -0800 Mike Carlson <mike@bayphoto.com>
wrote:

> On 11/7/2012 1:44 AM, Alexander Yerenkow wrote:
> > Hey guys.
> > Steam is now in Beta for Ubuntu, they provide *.deb file.
> >
> > Do someone working on bringing it to FreeBSD with linux
> > emulation? :)
> >

> That would be fantastic to have!

I would expect that you may only get something up and running with the
highly experimental and incomplete (it's not rocked science, I have a
blog post about adding what's missing) linux_base-c6... if at all.
I would expect that it depends upon a more recent glibc than what we
have on the default linux_base port.

Bye,
Alexander.