Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 18:46:42 +0100
From:      Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@teaser.fr>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HEADS UP! nlpt removed, lpt still alive!

No, not a joke :)

nlpt name was only a trick not to collide with lpt while both were in
the system. As you noticed, the old isa lpt driver has been removed.

Consequently, nlpt makes no more sense. This is I hope the last confusion
about printing drivers... before the next one.

So, here is one of the right declarations to get your printer working:

controller ppbus0
device lpt0 at ppbus?
device ppc0 at isa? port? tty irq 7

Please, read carefully the lpt(4) manpage. It's not long and will reveal you
last lpt features.

It's important for us to get feedback about all of this, since we'd like
to rapidly move the changes to 3.1 before the jump.

Have fun until the next time ;)

--
nsouch@teaser.fr / nsouch@freebsd.org
FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations - http://www.FreeBSD.org