Date:      Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:38:10 +0100
From:      Freminlins <freminlins@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Turning off file flags during restore

Hello,

I have some data on a NetApp which I am in the process of migrating to a=20
machine running FreeBSD. I dump the data off the NetApp to one big file on=
=20
the FreeBSD machine. When I restore the data I get some odd file flags like=
=20
this:=20
-rw-r--r-- 1 www www schg 73 Jul 27 22:04 foo.txt

I understand that some of the attributes on the NetApp may be confusing=20
restore. I don't really have a problem with that. Is there a way to not set=
=20
the file flags during restore? I don't really want to chflag a few million=
=20
files if I don't have to. Also, of course, changing the flags updates the=
=20
file's ctime.

Thanks,
Frem.