Date:      Mon, 5 May 2003 00:45:11 -0400
From:      Jim Brown <jpb@sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Working With Manual Pages" Handbook Chapter Preview

Hello all,

I'd like to present "Working With Manual Pages", available at
http://sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net/manpg/book.html

The chapter SGML markup is at
http://sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net/manpg/chapter.sgml

I used a doctored up book.sgml and some custom scripts to
piece it all together.  These are also available if needed.

Currently there doesn't seem to be a lot of material
on man page constuction and updating in the Handbook,
the FDP, or the Developers Handbook.  This chapter gives
a bit of background, and some interactive examples for
anyone interested in man pages.

I intended to work through any corrections on groff or the mdoc
package with Ruslan, but I understand he is on vacation this week.
As a result, there may be some inaccuracies with those topics.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Best Regards,
jpb
===