Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:37:55 +0900
From:      =?euc-kr?B?wOW8usij?= <black@gng.co.kr>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: ACPI autoload failed -- unable to install

Try this ...

Do you have your own /etc/make.conf file ?
If then, I hope you did not use NO_MODULES="YES" as I was. :(

1. Did you do 'make buildkernel & installkernel' with KERNCONF=GENERIC
first ?
   After reboot once, I re-compiled my own kernel using NEWCARD &
NEWCARD.hints.
2. Modify NEWCARD and add below a line as reffered by
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/NOTES
	device		acpica
  ( I didn't try No. 2 method )

Now, can you find acpi.ko module in your /boot/kernel folder??

Cheers..