Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 1998 07:15:32 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@hilink.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD parsing in Squid.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:58:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Yee Man Chan <ymc@eecs.umich.edu>
To: Squid Developers' E-mail Group <squid-dev@nlanr.net>
Subject: FreeBSD parsing

Hi,

I run squid 1.1.20 at FreeBSD 4.4. According to the response time return
from client, it is TEN TIMES SLOWER than I run it at SunOS v5. When I
compare the result from gprof, I find that squid spent considerably amount
of time (22.9%) in parseIntegerValue, decode_addr, aclParseIpData,
safe_inet_addr, storeDirClean, urlParse, parseHttpRequest and sscanf at
FreeBSD while only 3.7% of time spent in the same trace of code. Can
anyone tell me why?

Thanks.
Yee Man Chan