Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 1995 21:46:00 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        "John Booth" <JOHN@gab.unt.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940 w/hp dat drives

I see that you've enabled tagged queuing.  Did you also increase
the number of commands allowed per target above two?  There is a
bug (that I will fix tonight) that hangs up the SCSI system when
you exaust the SCBs on the card and queue a tape transaction.  If
you can, I would suggest upgrading to the latest version of the
aic7xxx driver as well.

ftp.cdrom.com://pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/i386/conf/files.i386
ftp.cdrom.com://pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/i386/isa/aic7770.c
ftp.cdrom.com://pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/i386/scsi/*
ftp.cdrom.com://pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/*
ftp.cdrom.com://pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/pci/aic7870.c
ftp.cdrom.com://pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/scsi/*

Ensure that the st.c that you pick up from the sys/scsi directory has
a timestamp from today.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM