Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:49:52 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Rob Hunter <robh@uunet.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ssh not wrapping

Hi

I'm running 3.1-STABLE. I'm using DES. For some reason, ssh (ssh 1.2.26)
isn't reading my /usr/local/etc/hosts.allow file anymore. It's wrapping
everything else perfectly, just not ssh. This is what I'm doing to wrap
ssh (and what I've always done on other machines, and on this machine
initially, but for some reason it just isn't working anymore...)

sshd	:  my.machine.that.is.allowed.com	: ALLOW

I've got similar lines for 1 or 2 other services, and then at the bottom
of the hosts.allow file everything is being denied. I've tested this with
the other services, and if they aren't in the hosts.allow file, they are
definately being denied.

I've tried a make deinstall and make install for both ssh and tcp_wrappers
but no go...

Any help would be appreciated.

--Rob