Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 21:21:08 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Mervyn Ah-Young <merv@planet.net.au>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Soundblaster 16

Mervyn Ah-Young:
 |I am trying to configure my SoundBlaster 16 card under FreeBSD with the
 |following entry in my
 |MYKERNEL file:
 |
 |controller snd0
 |
 |device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 conflicts drq1 vector sbintr
 |

 |Are these the default values for the SB16 card?  I do know that my card
 |is at default settings but am
 |unsure as to what they are!

For a SB16 card, this is what you want.

controller      snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
# Yamaha OPL-2/OPL-3 FM - for SB, SB Pro, SB16, PAS
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388

Standard values for a SB16 are IRQ5, DMA 1 (8-bit), and DMA 5 (16-bit).
Check your jumpers.  Works great for me.

Or if you're unlucky enough to have a PnP, you want to talk to Luigi
<luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>.  He's our PnP expert.

Randall