Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 02:38:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric D. Futch" <efutch@nyct.net>
To:        FreeBSD mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Re: 3Com OfficeConnect 572BT]

Ok here's a really small patch that gets it to attach to the ep0
driver. There's a few problems.  First, is that if you try ifconfig ep0
media or mediaopt anything you get:

ifconfig: SIOCGIFMEDIA: Invalid argument

Second is that you get generally around 1.3ms ping time to computers that
are on the same LAN as you.  Which is generally .4ms slower than I notice
on a regular desktop.  This may be because of my laptop being a 486 or a
million other reasons, but .4ms isn't really much to complain about.

One other question I has is if the ep0 supports 100baseTX because this
OfficeConnect card is 10/100.  If the ep0 dosen't do it it'll have to get
hacked into some other driver.

This one line patch is all it took to get the card to work.  I found the
epb->prod_id of this card by using a simple printf :)

*** src/sys/i386/isa/if_ep.c~   Wed Dec 29 02:29:22 1999
--- src/sys/i386/isa/if_ep.c    Wed Dec 29 02:30:09 1999
***************
*** 206,211 ****
--- 206,212 ----
        case 0x6055: /* 3C556 */
        case 0x4057: /* 3C574 */
        case 0x4B57: /* 3CFE574BT */
+       case 0x2B57: /* 3CFE572BT */
        epb->mii_trans = 1;
        break;
        case 0x9058: /* 3C589 */

--
Eric Futch              New York Connect.Net, Ltd.
efutch@nyct.net         Technical Support Staff