Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:45:00 +0200
From:      Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
To:        acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   acer tm 292lmi - no thermal support

beside some other acpi-problems with my acer travelmate 292lmi there is
one that makes me somewhat nervously: i don't know the temperature of
the cpu and don't have any hw.acpi.tz.* sysctl's.

are there anything i can do?

fbsd-version: 5.3-STABLE (cvsup'ed today)

original unchanged asl: http://webonaut.com/temp/acer_tm_291LMi.asl

dmesg with boot -v: http://webonaut.com/temp/dmesg.txt (with changed DSDT)
(tried also with less drivers loaded and without overwriting os definition)

the other problems are:

suppend states:
  S1: only turn off background light but not the display
  S3: display didn't come back
  S4(bios): display comes back for 1-2 seconds
  S4(os): simply shut down without unmount

acpi_video: no hw.acpi.video sysctl's

boot messages:
 ACPI link \\_SB_.PCI0.LPC0.LNKD has invalid initial irq 11, ignoring
 ACPI link \\_SB_.PCI0.LPC0.LNKC has invalid initial irq 11, ignoring
 ACPI link \\_SB_.PCI0.LPC0.LNKH has invalid initial irq 11, ignoring
 ACPI link \\_SB_.PCI0.LPC0.LNKB has invalid initial irq 11, ignoring

 after adding irq 11 to the DSDT the messages disappear but i see no
 difference.

franz.