Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 17:13:04 -0800
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: __P macro question

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 12:28:40AM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au> writes:
> > When removing __P(()), don't do it like login/login.c rev.1.80:
> > - mix the removal with nontrivial rewriting of the code to make it harder
> >   for auditors to see the critical changes.  Change all the function
> >   headers too, but don't de-verbosify the code by removing the prototypes
> >   made redundant by this.
> > - be sure to unsort the prototypes and add excessive indentation to them.
> >   Using a low quality script to regenerate all the prototypes is a good
> >   way to do this.
> > ;-)
>
> STFU, Bruce.  I can understand that you're bitter about losing the
> __P() argument, but this kind of sniping is beneath even you.
>
> Since you're so eager to deal out advice, allow me to present you with
> a piece of my own: stop patronizing your fellow committers.  People
> might be more inclined to listen to you if you spent more time mailing
> out patches and less time lecturing.  You're getting more and more
> like Terry every day.

you can lay out pages and pages of criticism, personal and unprofessional
attacks of others (see recent ache thread, for starters) but can't handle
two much nicer, non-personal paragraphs about some code you wrote?

grow up or get some thicker skin or at least leave it off -arch.

--
- bill fumerola / fumerola@yahoo-inc.com / billf@FreeBSD.org / billf@mu.org
- my anger management counselor can beat up your self-affirmation therapist