Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 2003 01:42:21 +0930
From:      Malcolm Kay <malcolm.kay@internode.on.net>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Duplex printing with HP DeskJet 6122

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 19:36, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We just got an HP DeskJet 6122 for printing Unix docs.  It comes with a
> duplexing unit, which works when driven by the supplied Windows driver.
>
> However, I'd really rather have this thing connected to my FreeBSD
> workstation.
>
> I've tried CUPS and LPRng, and neither of the two support this printer'=
> duplexing feature out of the box.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Probably needs one or two PJL commands tacked on to the front of the prin=
t job
and one or two more at the end to cancel the duplex. Have a look for the =
PJL
commands supported by your printer -- try an HP web site -- and write a p=
rint=20
filter that can add in the commands either by the selection of a duplex q=
ueue=20
or by passing options to say LPRng with lpr -Z

Malcolm =20