Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:33:02 +0100
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        Niclas Zeising <zeising@daemonic.se>
Cc:        Bartosz Stec <bartosz.stec@it4pro.pl>, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: problem booting to multi-vdev root pool [Was: kern/150503: [zfs] ZFS disks are UNAVAIL and corrupted after reboot]

On 11/16/12 17:13, Niclas Zeising wrote:

> Just to confirm, since I am holding back an update pending on this.
> If I have a raidz root pool, with three disks, like this:
>          NAME           STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>          zroot          ONLINE       0     0     0
>            raidz1-0     ONLINE       0     0     0
>              gpt/disk0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>              gpt/disk1  ONLINE       0     0     0
>              gpt/disk2  ONLINE       0     0     0
>
> Then I'm fine to update without issues. the problem is only if, as an
> example, you have a mirror with striped disks, or a stripe with mirrored
> disks, which it seems to me the original poster had.
> Am I correct, and therefore ok to update?

Yes, looks like that. The affected system pool looks like this:

         NAME           STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
         tank           ONLINE       0     0     0
           mirror-0     ONLINE       0     0     0
             gpt/disk0  ONLINE       0     0     0
             gpt/disk1  ONLINE       0     0     0
           mirror-1     ONLINE       0     0     0
             ada2p2     ONLINE       0     0     0
             gpt/disk3  ONLINE       0     0     0

other systems I have with simple mirror pools or single disks have shown
no problems.

BTW I don't know why the system insists on identifying the third disk as
ada2p2, it has a gpt label defined just like the others.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>