Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:59:45 -0500
From:      jason henson <jason@ec.rr.com>
To:        "Alastair G. Hogge" <agh@tpg.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Plextor 716SA DVD

   Alastair G. Hogge wrote:

Is the above supported on a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe mainboard? I've tried
plugging the device into either the nForce4 or Silicon Image 3132 SATA
connectors but the device doesn't show up. I've also tried using my Highpoint
RockedRAID 2320 card to detect the DVD drive.

Attached you will find the output from: dmesg, cdrecode, pciconf and
dmidecode.

uname -a returns:
FreeBSD madcat 6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #7: Sat Mar 25 16:14:15
EST 2006     agh@madcat:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MADCAT  amd64

Thanks in advance
-Alastair

   I am using the 7125SA just fine.  Did you make a custom kernel?
   Do you have:
   # ATA and ATAPI devices
   device          ata
   device          atadisk         # ATA disk drives
   device          ataraid         # ATA RAID drives
   device          atapicd         # ATAPI CDROM drives