Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:12:30 -0400
From:      "Lapinski, Michael (Research)" <lapinski@crd.ge.com>
To:        "'Denny Reiter'" <denny@reiters.org>, Jamie <jamie@gnulife.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Server out of space -- Need suggestions

No need to try to have a mail server that will
automatically failover to get the old boxes ip
and what not. That is what MX records and priorities
are for (and they work quite well).
You may also want to have your secondary mx be
at a different physical location than your primary mail
server. (usually the network fails before the hardware,
if built right)

-mtl

Michael Lapinski
Computer Scientist
GE Research

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
            - IBM Chairman Thomas Watson, 1943