Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:05:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alex Specogna <alex@intertain.interlog.com>
To:        George Cox <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NATD and Public IP Addresses

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, George Cox wrote:

> > I have already dug through the man pages and the web site looking for answers
> > with no luck.  Any help with this matter would be appreciated.
>
> I'm almost as confused as you appear to be.  What are you trying to achieve?
> RFC1900 may come in handy.

One thing I am not good at is explaining myself clearly.
I am aware that the IP addresses (10.0.0.0, as well as others) are not
routable on the internet.

Here is what I am trying to achive:
I have 6 public addresses which need to map directly to 6
different machines behind the firewall. (bad drawing below)

Public Address	IPFW	  Private Addresses
x.x.x.x  	------->    10.1.1.x
.
.
.
x.x.x.x+5	------->    10.1.1.x+5

This is how I envision this working.  User attempts to connect to a
machine with the Public IP address of x.x.x.x.  The data is recived by my
router, and re-directed to the public interface of the IPFW box.  Once the
data reaches the IPFW box it applies the appropriate rules and passes it
off to the appropriate machine on the private interface.

I hope that this explains what I am trying to do a bit better.  I do have
to apologize for the confusing thought-train on the previous message.
Again any help with this matter would be appreciated.

Alex Specogna
Systems Administrator
CryptoLogic Inc.