Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 1996 10:29:27 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu
Cc:        kline@tera.com, binhdo@cs.ubc.ca, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where to get fvwm version 2? Thank you.

    >> This spacial model is so intuitive, it hurts!

    John> Ouch!  It annoys the hell out of me so I turn it off.

Told'ya it hurts ... but I'm a masochist. :-)

    John> One thing ctwm has going for it is the ability to have a
    John> window appear in multiple workspaces (like VUE that inspired
    John> it).  Unless I missed something, fvwm only allows a single
    John> worspace or all workspaces (sticky).

I think you're right ... it's just that I didn't like the workspace
idea to begin with, so a sticky window on the virtual desktop view
works just fine for me (I use a fvwm 3x2 desktop, single workspace).

    John> Oh, and ctwm can manage non-root windows.  This allows you
    John> to run a test copy in a window to play with configurations,
    John> while another window manager (or a stable ctwm
    John> configuration) manages everything outside.  Not in the
    John> killer-feature class, but nifty regardless.

True.  And then there's the Xnest server ...

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad.  And then I think, "Aw,
who cares?"  And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"
	-- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey