Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2014 17:30:54 +0530
From:      Kashyap Desai <kashyap.desai@avagotech.com>
To:        mav@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-scsi <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SSDs peformance on head/freebsd-10 stable using FIO

Hi Motin,

I am trying to collect IOPs and throughput using FIO on FreeBSD-10-stable
as below post mentioned that CAM can reach upto 1,000,000 IOPS using
Fine-Grained CAM locking.

http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-2013-07-2013-09.html#GEOM-Direct-=
Dispatch-and-Fine-Grained-CAM-Locking

I am using below FIO parameter.

[global]

ioengine=3Dposixaio

buffered=3D0

rw=3Drandread

bs=3D4K

iodepth=3D32

numjobs=3D2

direct=3D1

runtime=3D60s

thread

group_reporting=3D1

[job1]

filename=3D/dev/da0

[job2]

filename=3D/dev/da1

[job3]

filename=3D/dev/da2

[job4]

filename=3D/dev/da3

[job4]

filename=3D/dev/da4

..

I have 8 SSDs in my setup and all 8 SSDs are behind LSI=E2=80=99s 12Gp/s Me=
gaRaid
Controller as JBOD. I also found FIO can be used in Async mode after

Using single SSD, I am able to see  110K-130K IOPs.  This IOPs counts are
matching with what I see on Linux machine.

Now, I am not able to scale IOPs on my machine after 200K.  I see CPU is
almost occupied and no idle time after IOPs reach to 200K.

If you have any pointers to try with,  I can do some experiment on my setup=
.

Thanks, Kashyap