Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:04:21 -0800
From:      "Joshua Lokken" <inspector.us@omicnet.com>
To:        <james_mapson@museum.rain.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Reverse name lookups

No problem.

IP 12.225.249.250  <== dynamically assigned by attbi.com, but hasn't
changed in 2 years.
domain  joshualokken.com

nslookups for joshualokken.com are fine.  They point to
12.225.249.250.
nslookups for 12.225.249.250 resolve fine, but point to
12-225-249-250.client.attbi.com,

so, for example, if I send mail to questions from my 'main' account at
home, it gets
returned, because it doesn't recognize jolok@joloxbox.joshualokken.com
as a valid
host.

I would like to be able to maintain a mailserver for
*@joshualokken.com, and have
www.joshualokken.com resolve correctly.  Now I'm getting 'unable to
connect with
remote host' when I point to www.joshualokken.com, and like I said,
returned email
from home.

I'll gladly post more info if it helps.  Thanks,

--
Joshua