Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 13:15:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Paul van der Zwan <paulz@trantor.xs4all.nl>, "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slow seq. write on Seagate ST36530N

Well, yes, it can if the number of tagged commands you throw at a device
overloads the sequencer so it can never really get started on the first
command. If you don't disconnect, you don't throw multiple commands at
the disk. I don't remember from the original mail whether or not this was
a raw device or not.