Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 18:05:36 +0100 (CET)
From:      Thomas Stromberg <random@dev.random.nu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   our Technical Support Request (fwd)

Me thinks it's time to wake up RealNetworks and say "WE WANT OUR FREEBSD
VERSION!". RealPlayer is real nice for playing those "South Park" videos
and such you download, it's a shame they stopped development at 3.0 (which
is sound only).

_</dev/random>________________________________________________________________
thomas stromberg % sysadmin(royal.institute.of.technology@haninge/stockholm)
smtp(dev.random@dev.random.nu)%irc(devrandom)%talkd(random@dev.random.nu)

Howard, RealNetworks Technical Support wrote:
There are no plans at this time to create a FreeBSD version of our RealPlayer.
I have let the developers know of a few people's interest in the past, so who knows?

Brief description of problem:
title: no FreeBSD version of 5.0 yet?

Message Text:

just curious as to when 5.0 beta will be ported to FreeBSD.
When I run the Linux version in FreeBSD I don't get any sound.

thomas