Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2006 04:48:43 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, bruno@tinkerbox.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DRM kernel module for unichrome ?

--nextPart1888888.dXaWySMEPX

On Tuesday, 21. March 2006 01:40, bruno schwander wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am trying to get DRI to work on a VIA C3 motherboard.
> Background: running mplayer freezes X. (just X, I can ssh and reboot the
> box)
> Running mplayer -vo x11  (instead of the default that uses Xv extension)
> works, but uses much CPU.
> I understand that for Xv, XVmc to work, DRI must be enabled.

Xv shouldn't require DRI. You can check if the extension is available with=
=20
xvinfo. Either way, it should definitely not freeze the X server - I suspec=
t=20
the unichrome driver's Xv support is just plain broken in the release shipp=
ed=20
with your X server. You might want to check Xorg's bugzilla on the issue.

Cheers,
=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org