Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:28:46 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        Dan Plassche <dplassche@gmail.com>
Cc:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 1.x Binaries Work Except under Chroot

On 8/13/12 3:33 PM, Dan Plassche wrote:
> Konstantin,
>
> My apologies for any confusion.  Your patch solved the problem on
> 8.2.  Static and dynamic a.out binaries from 1.1.5.1 are working
> normally in a chroot environment now.

you will also have to change PID_MAX (spelling?) to be 60000
I have considered making this a tunable..
If you don't then the shell in the 1.1.5.1 environment will not be
able to handle when a child
get s a pid of > 16 bits and it will not be able to wait on it. so it
will suspend for ever.
teh result is that you can not complete  a "make world".

last time I tried a "make world" completed in about 1 minute and a kernel
(1.1.5.1 GENERIC) compiled in way less than a minute. that was in 7.x
days.

I'd like to see results under 9.2 on a modern machine.

Julian