Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:31:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        Matt Bettinger <mattb@finsyn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dist disks

	Please do not reply to just me. Send it to the whole list.

> On the FreeBSD 4.0 release powerpak.  The packages are on disks 1 and 3.
> What are dist file cd's?  I try to access them with mount /cdrom    and then

	There are no "distfile" CD's. Essentially the files that ports
would download are on the CDROMS you have. IF you're using ports, you copy
the file from the CDROM into the /usr/ports/distfiles directory, though in
my opinion, I'd just rather let the system download it since I've a
dedicated connection.

> ls /cdrom and nothing shows up.

	mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom dosen't do anything?

>Also where is enelightenment?

/usr/ports/wm/enlightenment or close by. :)

>  In /stand/sysinstall there is the option to install KDE+
> enlightnement yet when i fire it up it's not there?

	Did you modify your .xinitrc to call the right Windows
managers? Remeber each user can have one to call different Window
Managers.

						Rick