Date:      Sun, 14 Aug 2016 13:38:30 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD doesn't boot automatically from UEFI

Hi.

Recently I've installed FreeBSD 10.3 as an experiment to get the
UEFI-enabled system, on one of mine Supermicro servers. The installer
worked just fine, but after insttallation I got myself a problem: it
cannot boot. If I select to boot the old way, froma disk, BIOS says
there's no valid boot device, and I guess i'ts as intended. When I
select to boot to the UEFI shell, I got a listing of valid boot deviced
identificators, and then an error:

===Cut===

'f??('is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file

Exit status code: Invalid parameter

===Cut===

and the booting process bails to the shell itself.

When I enter

===Cut===

fs0:

EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI

===Cut===

FreeBSD boots just fine, but I would rather see it boots automatically.

So, is there any way for this to be resolved ?

Thanks.