Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 1995 22:01:09 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sneezy.sri.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What programs use libreadline?

In message <199503171542.IAA14700@trout.sri.MT.net> Nate Williams
    writes:

>I already explained that the copystring() routine is now deprecated
>according to all the comments in the code, so I would like to remove it
>from libreadline since it is in conflict with the newest versions of
>gdb.  It's much easier to change libreadline to DTRT in the long run
>than it is to always merge in those changes everytime we bring up a new
>gdb port.  But, before I go off and do this I want to see if any of the
>ports still use copystring() since it is deprecated, and if many of them
>do then I'll punt and modify gdb instead.

Sorry, I misunderstand you a bit. We don't have newest version
of gdb, it is 4.14. I'll check -current gdb & readline to see,
what savestring does in both sources, but do you say that you already
have ld patch for it, or not?
--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -