Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:06:02 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 11 & libressl

--nakg9lWvVTgCom3nwdJap4K2WUQJg7gsk
From: Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

--Or7RrdAliEqkUPTpgH6LCqESUMSXDw1d4

On 01/13/17 09:19, marcel wrote:
> I try to build FreeBSD 11 with libressl instead of openssl.
> I have tried several times but when I type openssl version, I always
> have Openssl freebsd... instead of LibreSSL...
> This time, I've followed this link https://github.com/Sp1l/LibreBSD,
> I've applied the patch, etc but when I make buildworld, it stops with
> this error:
>=20
> bmake[4]: exec(/bin/sh) failed (Argument list too long)
> *** Error code 1
>=20
> Stop.
> bmake[4]: stopped in /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto
> *** Error code 1
>=20
> [...]
>=20
> I've searched for this error, but all results report to a programation
> problems, but I am not a developer...
>=20
> The only things that is different of the LibreBSD github process is my
> make.conf and my src.conf. Here they are:
>=20
> make.conf
> MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER?=3D4
> WITHOUT_X11=3DYES
> DOC_LANG=3Den_US.ISO8859-1
> NO_SENDMAIL=3Dtrue
> WITHOUT_MODULES=3Dng_bluetooth
>=20
> src.conf
> WITHOUT_BLUETOOTH=3Dsound
> WITHOUT_AMD=3Dyes
> WITHOUT_BLUETOOTH=3Dyes
> WITHOUT_BSDINSTALL=3Dyes
> WITHOUT_FLOPPY=3Dyes
> WITHOUT_GAMES=3Dyes
> WITHOUT_HYPERV=3Dyes
> WITHOUT_ZFS=3Dyes
> WITHOUT_SENDMAIL=3Dyes
>=20
> So, I don't understand why my make buildworld ends with error...
>=20
> And I believed that libressl will be native in FreeBSD 11, am I wrong ?=
=20

Bernard's LibreBSD project is very much a work in progress, and not
really suitable for people that /aren't/ developers.

What OS version are you starting from?  There are known problems
building 11 on some earlier versions.  I recommend that you start by
upgrading to regular FreeBSD 11.0 as supplied by the project -- maybe
even do a clean install on a new drive.  Then try Bernard's patches to
build the system with LibreSSL rather than OpenSSL from there.

	Cheers,

	Matthew