Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 2003 09:01:37 -0800
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing comment color in vim

--z9sQuz+HmDh2hVO4

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 04:33:20PM +0000, Wayne Pascoe wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> I use vim for my coding needs, and only have one problem with it. Unless
> I'm using gvim, my comments are a dark blue. This is almost unreadable
> in some light conditions.
>=20
> Does anyone have a quick hack to change comments to something easier to
> see (e.g. green / yellow) for perl and C ?=20
>=20
> TIA,
>=20
> --=20
> Wayne Pascoe

You can create your own color schemes for just about anything in VIM.
You can set which color scheme you use by setting the 'colorscheme'
variable in your vimrc file.  The various color schemes are likely
located in the dir /usr/local/share/vim/vim61/colors.  Also, you can set
your colorscheme dynamically from within VIM using ``:color {name}''.
I'm sure that a web search for something like ``vim colorscheme'' would
produce much results.

Nathan

--=20
GPG Public Key ID: 0x4250A04C
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 4250A04C
http://63.105.21.156/gpg_nkinkade_4250A04C.asc

--z9sQuz+HmDh2hVO4

--z9sQuz+HmDh2hVO4--