Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 1996 22:11:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   CPU heatsinks

I was messing around with my new motherboard, getting it into the new
case, and one of the two heatsinks popped off.  Understand it's a dual
Pentium Pro system, with heat sinks definitely larger than the old
Pentiums.  I noticed on taking a very, very careful closer look, that the
heatsinks had been installed sans the usual white silicone heatsink
compound, which I have on hand (having used on previous systems).  Is
there some reason on the PPro that the silicone hadn't been applied, or
should I neatly smear some on?

Thanks.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |