Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:13:30 -0800
From:      "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
To:        "David Greenman" <dg@root.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Does FBSD Support Unnumbered Links?

Hi David,

The interesting thing is that if you look at in_control() in
/sys/netinet/in.c,  ioctl()'s on unnumbered p-t-p link can fail because it
looks the the local address to pick the right interface structure. In the
case of unnumbered links, the local IP address is no longer unique, so the
wrong interface will be used.

Maybe I misunderstand how that function works.

Kory