Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2012 15:04:42 +0530
From:      Shrikanth Kamath <shrikanth07@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   DTrace and CTF interpretation

I am facing problem with the CTF interpretation of a member in structure,

e.g
struct foo {
    struct bar a;
    uint32_t   b;
    uint32_t  prefix[1];
}

When converting the above member prefix, I enabled the CTF debugs,
here is the o/p

DEBUG: die 87324: mem 87636: creating member
DEBUG: die 87324: got mloff ffffffffffffffc0
DEBUG: die 87324: mem 87636: created "prefix" (off 4294966784 sz 0)

When I use DTrace to dump this prefix field (in a structure that is
argument to a function)
it gives invalid access error. I guess that is expected because of the
strange offset.

Anybody knowing how to fix this in CTF convert path?