Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 21:17:09 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        CC Slitha <ccslitha@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0R to 4S

CC Slitha wrote:

> After reading about Jim's problems, what has to be
> done to go from 4.0R to stable?  The same thing?

No, just do it right the first time. What I saw Jim do is make the wrong
choice on numerous occations. Once you dig a hole and fall it, it is kind of
hard to climb out.

You cvsup tag=RELENG_4 and then follow /usr/src/UPDATING. The pertinent
section is around line 225. What ever you did on 3.x or before doesn't apply
any longer.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart