Date:      Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:36:41 +0900
From:      Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: booting from separate zfs pool

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 11:52:27 +0100
krad <kraduk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would not use the root dataset. Create a ROOT/<name> one so it looks for
> the kernel in "zboot:/ROOT/fist/boot/kernel/kernel" or similar. This way
> you are compatible with beadm.

And of course, dataset zboot:/ROOT/fist in above example should set as
bootfs by

 #zpool set bootfs=zboot/ROOT/fist zboot

and mountpoints of zboot and zboot/ROOT should be set to NONE by

 #zfs set mountpoint=none zboot
 #zfs set mountpoint=none zboot/ROOT

respectively. Otherwise, boot would fail. When I forgot to set bootfs,
got boot failure, even I've set vfs.root.mountfrom in /boot/loader.conf
properly. Are these OK?

# This is easily forgotten on manual installation. :-<