Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 03:56:55 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        "Alexey V. Neyman" <avn@any.ru>
Cc:        Valentin Nechayev <netch@iv.nn.kiev.ua>, "Eugene M. Kim" <ab@astralblue.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Old compiler (3.3-stable -> 4->stable)

"Alexey V. Neyman" wrote:

> Not only that, even 3.5.1-RELEASE fails to compile world for RELENG_4.
> What about staying insecure for a few hours of make world on 4.2-RELEASE,
> if this worries you, you may turn on firewall, either enabling only
> trusted addresses or disabling all services in question, which were found
> to be insecure in 4.2-RELEASE (ftpd, ntpd...).

That is not what I want to hear <g>. That my planned update route
won't fly, I mean. As to the insecurity risks... nah, I won't loose
any sleep over the slight and temporal insecurity. The worse that
could happen is, well, what? Nothing springs to mind. We're not an
interesting target to crackers.

Anyway, the box is currently happily runing 3.5.1-STABLE. But you are
saying that I should not go straight to the RELENG_4 tag. So what tag
do you suggest? I've only done CVSups within the stable branches. and
port and security ones naturally. So I don't know any other tags <g>.

Couldn't find that page that listed the tags in the emanual either.
I did look! Really.

Roelof