Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 11:05:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      knarf@camelot.de (Frank Bartels)
To:        ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com (Thomas David Rivers)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/2923: panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: f6e21000

Hello,

Thomas David Rivers wrote:

>  I believe it to be a timing problem in the kernel.  A heavy load just
> gives you a greater opportunity (as a percentage of time) to trip over
> the problem.  Again; this also happens on my extremely lightly loaded
> (i.e. only a shell) system I put together just to reproduce this problem.

I have the same problem here on a medium loaded newsserver (6 GB
newsspool). I get "panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr:
f6718000" with different values for addr. I updated from 2.1.5 to
2.2.1 about 48 hours before I've seen this problem the first time.

I really have no idea what to do now. The machine always reboots
some minutes after the crash. Running fsck on 10 GB disks all the
time is no fun... :/

If you have any idea how I can make the uptime 6 hrs or higher, please
tell me!

Thank you,
Knarf
--
  Frank Bartels   |UUCP/ZModem/Fax: +49 89 8948040| "Captain, why not just
 knarf@camelot.de | http://www.camelot.de/~knarf/ | give the Borg Windows?"