Date:      Sat, 4 Feb 1995 17:55:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@cisco.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: popper

On Sat, 4 Feb 1995, Paul Traina wrote:

> > well...  I'm not sure this is the proper place to put this... but I have
> > been having problems with popper... the major problem is that popper
> > isn't truncating the pop spool temp file...  and basicly I was getting
> > messages over and over again that I had already received...  so I decided
> > to get a different pop mail server....
>
> That's really strange, I've not seen any of these problems.
> Pardon the stupid question, but are you sure that you're properly executing
> the DELE commands and exiting properly with a QUIT command?

yes... actually... the problem came up when using Minuet... and that is
all I have used besides telneting in...  and both way have problems...
and yes... I am sure that the dele command works as it is removed from
the list if I remeber right...  it just might be a quirk in my system...
but I also must say the pop3d compiles faster than popper... oh well...

I guestt I also forgot to mention that I put the file in the incoming
dir... and it's name is "pop3d.newer.tar.gz"  and the newer is because I
acidentally forgot to change the name of who did the port...  TTYL...

John-Mark Gurney

gurney_j@efn.org -or-
gurney_j@4j.lane.edu -or-
Fido: John-Mark Gurney @ 1:152/56.2