Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 1998 22:54:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Refuse Files and Cvsup

Here is the question:

How can get an absolutely up to date list of all ports without cvsupping
all of the ports?

Here is why I ask:

I have been working on a method to maintain a ports collection that has
_only_ certain software in it. To do this, I have generated a refuse file
from '/usr/ports/INDEX' which I fetch from
pub/FreeBSD/ports-current/INDEX.

I then use 'sed' and some shell scripting to delete the desired software
directories out of the refuse file so that they will be fetched (not
refused) and kept up to date.

There is one problem. '/usr/ports/INDEX' is not as up to date as the ports
collection. The result is that I get a refuse file that doesn't refuse
everything I want it to. I found this out when cvsup started checking out
files when all the files should have been refused.

The big idea here is that I do not want to download all of the ports. I
only want a few. The only problem I am having is getting a current INDEX.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/